Wednesday, August 20, 2014

#20 Haunter and #21 Children of the Corn II



Haunter is a pretty well made little horror thriller about the residents of a house that has seen its share of bloodshed trying to catch a killer. I watched it on the recommendation of new pal Sarah, and I'm glad I gave it a go. Abigail Breslin leads the show in a perfect blend of Groundhog Day, American Horror Story and The Others. Also, it has a plot device that revolves around Peter and the Wolf, which has always kind of creeped me out for some reason. I won't reveal too much more, just go watch it. It's on Instant Netflix.

Also, pretty much to counteract the 2010 nostalgia for the 80s and slick cinematography of Haunter, I watched The Children of the Corn II and was ALSO pleasantly surprised. This flick just barely eked it out when it counted, always providing just enough substance (whether it be blood splatter or good old fashioned character development) to keep me interested for 90 minutes (a feat that a few flicks that I've watched this year have failed to do). I'm glad I made a commitment to try and watch more crappy franchises this year. There has to be a reason that these things keep getting made, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment