Tuesday, August 5, 2014

#7 The Children of the Corn

I'm trying to keep my Stephen King watching to the early stuff, and more specifically, Night Shift stories. This should be pretty easy, because a bunch of the stories in this first collection from King have been adapted into sweet flicks. I'll be reading the book as soon as I finish 'Salem's Lot. The book even makes an appearance in this movie, which is cool and weird.

All I remember about watching this movie when I was a kid was that I thought it was kind of boring. I was much more into it this time around. I guess being an adult and seeing other adults getting chased by kids is a lot more frightening than being a kid and watching kids chase adults. Plus, being able to look up the 'kid' that played Isaac and know that he was 24 when he played that role is mildly off-putting.

Did that make any sense?

I am also looking forward to watching the many sequels that got pumped out over the last 20 years. Was this premise really big enough to warrant that many movies? I guess that they were noteworthy enough to include a mention on the 20th anniversary poster, so I'm interested to have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment