Saturday, August 30, 2014

#31 Ghostbusters

On the weekend of the 30th Anniversary of its release, and the 30th day of my marathon, the 31st flick I am watching (one to grow on): Ghostbusters. 

Now, we all know what it's about, how awesome it is and how influential it was to us. So I'm just going to list some of my favorite quotes from the flick instead of saying anything about it. I should just print the whole script, but then we'd probably miss out on a lot of Murray's ad libs. So, enjoy:

"Back off, man, I'm a scientist."

"Listen, do you smell something?"

"Hello. I'm Peter. Where are you from... originally? Okay the usual stuff isn't working."

"If the ionization rate is constant for all ectoplasmic entities we could really bust some heads. In a spiritual sense."

"Okay so I'll see you later, huh. Give you a call. I gotta have a shower."

"We're ready to believe you!"

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff."

"That's the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there."
"What a crime."

"This magnificent feast here represents the last of the petty cash."
"Slow down, chew your food."

"Suck in the guts guys, we're the Ghostbusters."

"That gotta be some cockroach."
"Bite your head off, man."

"I blame myself."
"So do I."

"We should split up."
"Good idea."
"Yeah, we can do more damage that way."

"He slimmed me."
"That's great!"

"And the flowers are still standing."

"That wasn't such a chore now was it?"

"We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!"

"No job is too big. No fee is too big."

"If there's a steady paycheck involved I'll believe anything you say."

"Tell him about the Twinkie."

"Okay, who brought the dog?"

"I make it a rule, never get involved with possessed people. Actually it's more more of a guideline than a rule."

"There is no Dana, only Zuel."

"You are so kind to take care of that man. Such a humanitarian."
"I don't think he's human."

"Has it ever occurred to you that the reason we've been so busy lately is that the dead HAVE been rising from the grave?"
(Moment of realization.)
"How bout some music?"

"This is it. This is the sign."
"Yeah it's a sign all right, 'going out of business'."

The entire prison cell discussion.

"Yes it's true. This man has no dick."

"Since I've joined these men,  I've seen shit that'll turn you white."

"Dogs and cats,  living together,  mass hysteria!"

"Come on! Let's run some red lights!"

"Gotta run, got a date with a ghost."

"Okay... so... she's a dog."

"Ray, if someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!"

"Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown."

"Sorry Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

"Does anybody want to interview me?! I'm an eyewitness!"

No comments:

Post a Comment